Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Pirate's Tale



This is my final painting from my Situation and Environment class with Zhaoming Wu. I enjoyed pondering the subject's 'pirate-y' adventures as I painted.

On another note, although my paintings made the cut list for my school's Spring Show they didn't get hung. But there is some excellent work in the show, my favourite being a piece entitled Wednesday Afternoon by a classmate in the fine art field, Jeff Merrill. I also enjoyed seeing work by other Situation and Environment classmates: Swarupa Chavan, Fongwei Liu and Jonathan Ahn. Also, in the illustration field there's some great work by Jen Oaks, Santiago Casares, Forest Stearns and many others. I can't forget to mention my friend Stephanie Penland in the MFA graphic design department whose book arts project is on display.

Make sure you check out the show if you're in the Bay Area!

No comments: