Monday, February 15, 2010

This Lonely Life



"In my life there's been heartache and pain. I don't know if I can face it again. Can't stop now, I've traveled so far, to change this lonely life. I wanna know what love is. I want you to show me..." - Foreigner (Lyrics by Mick Jones and Lou Gramm)

I was listening to a lot of 80s power ballads when painting this piece. The emotive lyrics of Foreigner really affected me as I thought about the character of each guitar and their interactions.

The original painting (acrylic on hardboard, 11"x14") is for sale and available for licensing. Please contact me if you're interested!

2 comments:

DJN said...

very moving piece. I'm pretty sure the picture doesn't do it justice at all.

Bethany Vanderputten said...

Thanks David!

Images Digitally Watermarked by Digimarc | Get More Information on How to Digitally Watermark ImagesImages on the website have been digitally watermarked with ownership and usage information. Digimarc and the Digimarc logo are registered trademarks of Digimarc Corporation. The "Digimarc-Enabled" Web Button is a trademark of Digimarc Corporation, used with permission.